‘Leaf’ an Imprint 3 Column

Daisypath

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 18, 2012

God's Gifts

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Matt and I have been talking about being more thankful for things. Bigger things, little things, seemingly nothing things, really just everything. We want to cultivate an attitude of thankfulness in our hearts and in our home.

So this morning I woke up thinking about several things that have happened or will happen soon that I want to thank my Heavenly Daddy for graciously giving to me/us.
In no particular order:
1-Last night I wanted to rent "We Bought a Zoo" from RedBox. It wasn't in either kiosk, right as I was beginning to get disappointed, a lady came and returned a movie, yup it was our movie!
2-My husband finished his first semester of master level classes! I cannot express how proud I am of that man! He learned so much and worked so hard to make really good grades too! Plus he served and took care of a newly pregnant, morning sick wife for most of the semester!
3-Our washer broke a couple Saturdays ago. You know those weeks when laundry has piled up? Yeah it was one of those, actually it had probably been 2 of those kind of weeks. Anyway, it broke after we had washed 1 out of 7 loads, with the 2nd load soapy and sopping wet. Our dear neighbors, Whitney and Jesse, let us use their washer on that particular load! Thank you friends! Plus, my brilliant husband saved us a couple hundred bucks and fixed the thing himself!!! Wow, he is turning into quite the handy man! Again, I am so proud of him!
Ok time for some shorter entries....
4-End of work party with some sweet ladies Monday night!
5-Helping friends move today! Thankful for them getting into a place that might be harder to live, but where the gospel needs to go forth!
6-Equip training with our church, IDC Raleigh Saturday am. (Love this body of believers!)
7-Lake house with friends this weekend! Love the Poole's:)
8-Celebration for the end of the semester with friends tonight!
9-The Bishop family coming to Wake Forest next weekend!
10-My baby sister graduating June 2nd! Completely proud of her!
11-Seeing all the Klinect family at graduation! Even my big bro from Fl!
12-We find out if our baby is a boy or girl in June 1st! Can't wait to know and call our Little One by name!
13-Trip to Florida with my Mommy in July while Matt is in India! Thanks Mommy and Papa for funding my trip!
14-All Matt's India money coming in! Thank you to all who have and will support through finances & prayer! Remember to pray for me too;)

WOW! I am blessed! I feel like I could keep going... But I have lost most all my readers by now!

Thanks God for caring about my life and graciously giving me all things. I want to always praise you in all circumstances. However, sometimes I focus too much on the fact that hard things are from You, forgetting that You do give me things to enjoy.
Thanks for helping me work on the balance.
In Your wisdom Father, the times of suffering AND the times of gladness are both for my good, for my happiness, making me more holy, & ultimately bring Yourself the glory!

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminds me of all I have to be thankful for too, Lauren! Thanks, sweet friend :)

    ReplyDelete