‘Leaf’ an Imprint 3 Column

Daisypath

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, November 24, 2014

Eden Hope

My sweet girl,
I originally wrote this the day before your birth, November 13th 2014, as I was not so patiently awaiting your arrival the Holy Spirit encouraged my heart with some beautiful truths.  I have also been wanting to share with the world why we decided to name you Eden Hope.  So here is my letter to you from your last day inside me:

Eden darling,
Your "due date" has come and gone. I am now the most pregnant I have ever been:) As I have been very tempted to be impatient and anxious, I am also reminded that I am not in control.  I am not God. Your Mimi has encouraged me to mediate on Psalm 139. It has been a precious reminder to me this week.  What a joy it is to know that although I cannot hold you yet--our precious and awesome Creator is holding you--knitting you together in my womb.

PSALM 139:13-18
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15  My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16  Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.

17  How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18  If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.

This extended wait time has also caused me to reflect more on your name-

Eden Hope -

Your Daddy and I chose your name 1-because it was a combination of the only two girl names we both really liked, but 2 because we like names to mean something-something of what is going on in our lives, something of a prayer for what our children will be like or be about...

SO-Eden Hope:
EDEN: the perfect home. God created this garden city for His people to dwell and fellowship in perfect communion with Him and one another.  Well, as your Daddy and I and many others will soon teach you, that was all lost when man wanted to be like God and sin entered the world. No more perfect home, no more uninterrupted fellowship & communion with God and fellow man. Now sin has over taken the perfect garden city of Eden and the entirety of the human race. No one is left untouched my precious daughter, no one. As hard as we may try to be good and do good, the Bible says in Romans that "none one is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God" (Romans 3:10-11)
But wait-- There is HOPE! In that Garden long ago God made a promise- a promise to all mankind. He would send a Rescuer. One day He WILL crush the Deceivers head (Gen. 3:15). One day all of our hoping and longing for this new Eden will come to fruition. Until that day- we wait - but not as those without hope. No, we wait confidently, knowing that if our God promised something it is as good as done! Our new Eden is being built. We -- believers in the Rescuer -- will live there one day forever in perfect unity and fellowship with our Creator and one another.
This day I long for even more than your birth my dear child. This coming day brings even more joy than your precious, cherished arrival on earth. This day is the start of forever. I pray that as we wait for you and long for your unexpected/unknown arrival, that our longing for that Day will only grow. I pray that we will teach you to share the same longing, our treasured child, Eden Hope.
We love you more than words can say!
Love always, your mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment