‘Leaf’ an Imprint 3 Column

Daisypath

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

baby thoughts

So as time goes on in this pregnancy I am realizing or coming to grips with several things....

-After wanting to avoid all food weeks 6-16, I now have an appetite of a 14 year old boy, eating more than my hubby at many meals, even occasionally finishing his plate!

-Elli will not come with a snooze button so I better stop using the one on my cell phone and instead begin waking up to loud noise that were programed to make me do just that.

-Matt takes his job of taking care of his family VERY seriously (which I love!)

-40 weeks isn't really that long of a time when you are 20 weeks, but I imagine it will feel like an eternity when I'm around say, 38 weeks.

-I still don't like blood work and I am already dreading my August appointment because the pleasantry has already been promised

-Feeling my girl move inside of me is quite possibly one of the coolest things in the whole wide world

-There are so many people who already love Elli!  (Especially the 4 people she is making grandparents, the 2 people she is making uncles, and the one lovely lady she is making an aunt!) 
We are so blessed to have the family and friends that we do! 

-This little girl has already captured her Daddy's heart... There are so many ways...that is probably a post in and of itself.

-Hearing my Matthew read the Bible to Elli and pray over her makes me cry 99% of the time. 

-I have this feeling that being a mommy is going to be a lot like marriage: one of the best, hardest, most challenging, most rewarding things ever. 

If I sat here long enough I would think of more, but we'll save that for another time!


4 comments:

  1. you forgot the great-grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NEVER!!! I just said "especially..." those other people because they have never been grandparents, an aunt, or uncles! The great-grandparents are most definitely included:) Elli is going to be one blessed little girl!
      Which great-grandparent is this by the way?? You don't have to be anonymous!

      Delete
  2. I love reading about your journey! I know you and Matt will be great parents! I will keep praying for you all and I hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you for all your prayers! I hope to see you soon too! I love you!

      Delete