‘Leaf’ an Imprint 3 Column

Daisypath

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Fathers

I should have posted this in June... but I am still posting it even though it is September... :)

This Father's Day was packed with a lot of different thoughts and emotions.
My husband is a father, at least that's how I see it.  He is a father in the making.  I see how his baby girl has already changed him and influenced him.
I am away from my Daddy today.  Not that I haven't been before on Father's Day, but I wish I could be with him.  He was the first man I loved. I'm eternally grateful for his unconditional love and self-sacrifice.
I am so blessed to have a godly, generous, good-spirited father-in-love.  The way that he loved and trained his son (my husband) is truly a gift from God.
I'm thankful for my grandfathers, those living and those who have gone on before us: Grandpa (Ray Klinect), Papaw (Lyle Lowry), Pa (Bill Bishop), and Papaw (Fred Hoyle).
I am thankful for Matt's Pa.  He makes me laugh and loves his family well.  I was never privileged to know Papaw Hoyle, but from all the stories I have heard he sounds like he was an amazing man.   
My Grandpa Klinect gives the best hugs and has such a great laugh!  I am forever grateful for the heritage he has created for my family and instilled in my Dad.

This was my first Father's Day without having my Papaw around.  That was hard.  I can imagine that it was even harder for my Mom, Aunt Leesa, Uncle Dale, and Uncle Lloyd.  I have no idea what it would be like to not have your dad around on that day.  I am sure it was hard for my Mamaw too not to have her husband and the father of her children.  (This was written before Mamaw went to be with Jesus). I know that is part of life, but it doesn't make it easy.  I am praying for and thinking about all of you.

So to my husband, Daddy, Dad Bishop, Grandpa, Pa (And Papaw Lowry and Papaw Hoyle who have gone before):
Thank you for being faithful, honorable, respectable, loyal, joyful, gracious men, husbands, and fathers.  My life is forever changed for the better because of each one of you.

My Daddy
Matthew's Dad
Grandpa Klinect
Pa Bishop

Papaw
 I need to scan in a picture of Matthew and his Papaw Hoyle!

Matthew on his first Father's Day!


 Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment