‘Leaf’ an Imprint 3 Column

Daisypath

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Oh How Things Change: 1st vs. 3rd

I am sure there are many more but here are a few of my changed thoughts from the beginning to the end of this pregnancy!

1st trimester: "I can't wait till I start showing!"
3rd trimester: "Wow, seriously? Is it humanly possible that my belly can get any bigger?"

1st trimester: "I am so nervous about labor and delivery."
3rd trimester: "I'm still nervous, but also so ready have this baby out of me and in my arms!"

1st trimester: "I wish I could eat...but nothing looks good."
3rd trimester: "You're full? ...Sure Babe, I'll finish your plate."

1st trimester: "I am so excited about wearing all these maternity clothes!"
3rd trimester: "I am so excited about fitting into all my old clothes again!"

1st trimester: "October seems like such a long time from now...."
3rd trimester: "October is TOMORROW!?!"

1st trimester: "I can't wait to feel the baby move!"
3rd trimester: "Elli, I love feeling you move, but every time you do I have to pee, so can you settle down now?"

1st trimester: "There is so much to do and get and learn.  I hope we can get everything ready."
3rd trimester: "I am so thankful for our parents, family, and friends. I actually feel ready* for our girl to enter the world."


3 things that this pregnancy helped me realize will never change:
1-I will love this little girl forever and ever.
2-I will continue to fall more and more in love with my incredible, Superman husband everyday.
3-Jesus remains faithful through it all.
Seriously, He does.  He is the only one who is more than able.

"Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20


*Author's note: When I say "ready" I do not mean I have it all together by any means, I just mean I think we are "ready enough" that she will survive.  However, when the nurses/midwives say we can take our little girl home, I am sure I'll look at them in disbelief and amazement with a side of "and when did Matthew and I grow up?"

2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful Lauren! Can't wait to hear about Elli's arrival...Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your prayers!!! I need them! I love you and miss you my friend!

    ReplyDelete